There are two options for apartment exchange:
- Exchange for a vacant apartment
- Exchange with another tenant
In order to exchange for a vacant apartment, a few things are required:
- You have been our tenant for more than 6 months
- The housing manager has inspected both apartments
- There are no unpaid rents or repair costs
- You haven’t received any notice or warning due to disturbance
Besides that, the procedure is just like applying for the first time. Please note that we need around three weeks to process the application and Sivakka has the right to accept or reject the application.
If you exchange apartments with another tenant, you can do so through our apartment exchange service. If you find someone to exchange apartments with, you can do so with our permission when the following criteria are met:
- Both of you have filled out the application
- Moving day is at the end of the month
Your open-ended tenancy agreement comes to an end one month after termination. The term of notice begins on the last day of the current month when the tenancy agreement has been terminated. So if you would terminate the agreement today, your tenancy agreement comes to an end on the last day of the following month. You will also pay the rent for that month.
If the day of termination is on a weekend, you may terminate the tenancy agreement by:
- Signing in to our online service with your banking credentials (all tenants must do it individually)
- A written letter postmarked with the current date
- Delivering the written letter directly to our office by dropping it in our letterbox, by the last day of the month at the latest
Upon the death of a tenant the estate is responsible for the rent. The term of notice is one month, as usual. The estate administrator needs to deliver the death certificate when the tenancy agreement is being terminated.
The keys must be delivered to the property maintenance office. If keys are missing, the locks have to be rekeyed. All costs of this procedure are the tenant’s responsibility.
The moving out and key delivery day is usually the day of termination, i.e. the last day of the month. You may also check the termination day on your tenancy agreement.