The first step is the application. Once we have found you the perfect home, you can reserve it by paying the deposit and signing the rental contract.
The deposit acts as a warranty for cost repairs and rent. If you decide to move out and the apartment is in good condition, we will return the deposit within one month. Also remember to hand in the keys, clean the apartment and pay your rent!
You can sign the rental agreement in two ways:
- Digital signature using your online banking credentials
If there are two people signing the agreement, both of them have to sign using their individual banking credentials.
- With pen and paper at our office
Just book an appointment and come and sign the agreement at our office. If your spouse or significant other can’t come and sign it with you, remember to bring their mandate with you so that you can sign the agreement for them as well.
Also remember to bring along the following:
- Identification card (driver’s license or passport)
- Receipt of the paid deposit (you may also pay it at our office with your debit or credit card)
- We do not accept cash as payment for deposits.
To sign the rental agreement, besides the deposit, all required attachments have to be filled out correctly and delivered to us.
Please note that valid home insurance is required before signing the agreement!
The transmission contract is always made with Oulun Energia. The actual electricity contract can be made with any electric power distributor.
Oulun Sähkönmyynti Oy offers Sivakka’s tenants a discount worth a three-month basic charge on their AinaVirta contracts. To get the discount, fill out this contract by the time you sign the rental agreement.
Finns drink a lot of coffee, so please make sure you have a valid electricity contract when you move in so that you can offer your helpers a nice cup of coffee right away!
A few things to remember
- Notification of change of address (from 1 month before moving in to one week after)
- Readdress your mail
- Notification of change of address to any magazines etc. you’ve subscribed to
- Home insurance for your new home
- Updating your housing, student etc. benefits
- Tell your children’s schools and daycares your new address
- Internet connection to your new address
- Electricity contract
- Rent or borrow a moving truck
Once you have moved in, these are the things you should still check
- If the apartment hasn’t been cleaned properly, contact your housing manager
- Make sure all smoke detectors are working
- Reserve a parking space and sauna shift from property maintenance
- Let property maintenance know you’ve moved in so that they can put your name on the board and mailbox
- Make sure you have all the keys to the apartment
- Do you need to dispose of some items that are left over after moving? Take them to the waste management station or recycle them. They do not belong in the trash cans!
- If the final inspection hasn’t been done before moving in, it can be done right after you’ve moved in